I've lived in [[Singapore]] for roughly 4 years now, and I've been trying to clearly articulate why I've lived here for a while.
- Despite having the appearances of a big, modern city, it's refreshingly relaxed:
- people are generally more laid back (as measured by walking speed and the degree to which people dress up),
- the buses wait for you if they see you at the stop, and
- Expats aren't nearly as isolated from the local population than what you'd see in [[Hong Kong]], [[Bangkok]], or [[Manila]].
- probably due to the safety of the city.
- Get ready for some peace of mind - it truly empties your brain and you need to make sure you have something productive to fill it in with.